Thank you for using your church’s communications tools – facebook, newsletter, Sunday bulletin – to inform and inspire your congregation to give to our mission!
- Pass the plate twice. Kidding! Sort of – consider extending the mission focus for two weeks or even the whole month.
- Include a bulletin announcement (see below for samples) a week or two before. Many churches insert the envelopes in their bulletins the week before the offering so that members can bring it back with their gift on Offering Sunday.
- If your church has online giving or other ways to accept credit cards, add a giving category for the Children’s Home so they can give to the offering this way.
- It helps us gain supporters when you tag us in your facebook posts (www.facebook.com/umchildrenshome) and include our website in your materials (www.umchildrenshome.org).
- OUR BEST TIP – make it your own, share from your heart. Personalize your messaging with your personal or your church’s story of involvement with our mission and ministry. Have you volunteered? Are you a top-giving church? Do you have a story related to the Children’s Home or foster care or homeless families?
Samples Bulletin Announcements or Social Media Posts:
This Sunday [Next Sunday / In two weeks] we will share God’s amazing grace with the children of the United Methodist Children’s Home. This important outreach ministry of our church transforms the lives of foster children, youth and homeless families. We are proud to support them, and we hope you’ll be moved to give generously. Learn more at www.umchildrenshome.org.
The United Methodist Children’s Home turns away about 20 children every week due to a lack of resources and foster families. We can change that! You’ll have an opportunity to make a donation to this life-changing ministry on [your church’s offering date] when we take up a special offering. I hope you’ll give generously. Learn more at www.umchildrenshome.org.
“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound…” Can you sing the rest of that beloved hymn? It’s one of my favorites! But there are children in our North Georgia community who have never sung Amazing Grace, or Jesus Loves Me, or even been told that Jesus does love them. Thankfully there’s the United Methodist Children’s Home, where abused and neglected children see God’s grace and love in action! We have an opportunity to support this ministry of our church on [date of offering], and I hope you’ll give generously so that more children can receive life-changing care and the transforming love of Christ. Learn more at www.umchildrenshome.org.
Our church is a proud and faithful supporter of the United Methodist Children’s Home. On [offering date] we will be collected an offering for this life-changing ministry. The Children’s Home services include foster care for abused and neglected children, campus housing for youth transitioning out of foster care, homeless family housing and community-based family services. But more important than what they do, is why they do it – to transform lives through the love of Christ and God’s amazing grace. Please give generously. Learn more at www.umchildrenshome.org.