Help us reach more children and families in need on Dec. 2 – #Giving Tuesday – a day to celebrate generosity and to give back. Your gift to The Children’s Home will not only give homeless families a safe, stable place to stay and support to stand on their own, it also will help foster children to heal and thrive.
Double your gift on #GivingTuesday
Your #GivingTuesday online gift will be matched dollar for dollar by our Board of Trustees, doubling your impact up to $10,000. That means a tax-deductible $150 donation would actually be $300!
At The Children’s Home, we believe that every child deserves a chance to thrive. Here are some of our impacts in 2014:
- We have provided more than 46,000 days of care to children and families, a 20 percent increase over 2013.
- More than 450 families were given emergency financial aid to avoid utility cut off or eviction.
- 20 families were provided temporary housing to prevent homelessness and given support to increase their self-sufficiency.
- We have served more than 200 foster care children and youth through our Foster Care, Independent and Transitional Living programs, and seven of our foster children were adopted.
Children’s Home supporters like you have made these successes possible. Please help us reach more children and families in need in 2015 by donating today, and spreading the word to your friends and family to help us reach others on #GivingTuesday.
Participate and help spread the word:
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/umchildrenshome
Follow us on Twitter: @umchildrenshome
Join our email list: www.umchildrenshome.org
Like, share and retweet our social media content. Here are some example posts you can share to join our conversation on social media:
- I’m proud to support @umchildrenshome this #GivingTuesday. Interested in joining us? bit.ly/1qYRiNS
- It’s #GivingTuesday! TELL US @UMChildrensHome why you give. Make a real difference in our children’s lives today. bit.ly/1qYRiNS
- I gave so @umchildrenshome won’t have to turn away 30 foster kids in need/week. #GivingTuesday bit.ly/1qYRiNS
- Celebrating #GivingTuesday with a donation to @umchildrenshome! #UNselfie (add your own unselfie so we can see your smiling face!)
Suggested Facebook Posts
- I just donated to The United Methodist Children’s Home for #GivingTuesday. Did you know in 2014 they helped 450 families with emergency financial aid to avoid utility cut off or eviction? Learn more about their programs (http://bit.ly/1uELmxa) and donate today. bit.ly/1qYRiNS
- In honor of #GivingTuesday, I just donated $75 to The United Methodist Children’s Home. My donation will help a family stay warm this winter with emergency utility assistance. Donate today so we can be sure no family will be cold this winter. bit.ly/1qYRiNS
- It’s #GivingTuesday! Give time. Give love. Give a donation. Change lives. bit.ly/1qYRiNS
What our supporters are saying
“I’m thankful for The United Methodist Children’s Home: You support us. You pray for us. You laugh and cry with us. You equip us for service. You advocate for our foster children. You love our biological children, our adopted and our fosters. Well done, Children’s Home. Your job is not easy. But Georgia’s kids are safer because of you. We love you.” – Tracy Moore, foster and adoptive parent
“For me, it is very simple: Giving back is the right thing to do. We are so fortunate to have a beautiful family that means the world to us. Everyone should have that same opportunity, security and love. The Children’s Home provides these things to families in a great time of need.” –Dr. Colleen Kelley, online monthly donor
“I feel grateful for everything that God has blessed me with, and it gives me so much pleasure to give, so much more so than saving or spending money. I am going to give back as long as I have the opportunity.” –Linda Byars, donor
“We donated money from our piggybanks. It was money that we earned helping out around the house with chores and by telling friends and neighbors about The Children’s Home. We learned very quickly that no matter how small the amount, even change adds up.” –Autumn and Jordyn, Vacation Bible School students
“Our love for children runs deep. Reading about Dr. Jesse Boring’s (founder of The United Methodist Children’s Home) love and desire for every child to have a safe haven and not to be left alone made our hearts melt. That is why we serve at The Children’s Home. We believe that if everyone had the same desire and compassion for those in need, we would have less children in foster care.” – Carla Harris, volunteer
What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday aims to inspire people to take collaborative action to improve their local communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they support and help create a better world. Taking place Dec. 2, – the Tuesday after Thanksgiving – #GivingTuesday will harness the power of social media to create a national moment around the holidays dedicated to giving.
“#GivingTuesday is a counter narrative to Black Friday and Cyber Monday because it reminds us that the spirit of the holiday giving season should be about community and not just consumerism,” said Kathy Calvin, CEO of the UN Foundation, which founded #GivingTuesday in 2012. “The most meaningful gift we can give our children, loved ones, friends and neighbors is the commitment to work together to help build a better world.”