You can be a part of something BIG this summer by volunteering with Jesse’s House at the United Methodist Children’s Home!
Jesse’s House is a safe, holistic summer and after-school program through which elementary and middle school children, youth and their families connect with the wholeness of God’s love, churches engage in ministry and young adults grow as leaders.
This summer, from June 4 through July 27, Jesse’s House will serve nearly 120 children and youth at three Jesse’s House locations:
- the Children’s Home campus (Decatur)
- North Decatur United Methodist Church (Decatur)
- Ebenezer United Methodist Church (Conyers)
Jesse’s House will primarily be run by 20 young adult interns who will live in community with a house pastor on the Emory University Campus.
How you can help
- Serve as a reading volunteer at one of our three sites. Each day (Monday through Thursday) of the summer, each child gets one-on-one reading time with an adult. This cannot happen without dedicated volunteers like you. Groups can sign up to cover one week’s worth of reading volunteers for one site.
- Provide meals for our young adult interns.
Groups can sign up to cover one week’s worth of meals (Breakfast: Monday through Friday; Dinner: Sunday through Wednesday)
For more information and to sign up to serve, please contact Sarah Paxton (419.296.3177).